Friday, April 24, 2009

To Answer Megan's Question...

Since this is my journal and my chicas from AZ are the only ones reading this I figured I should write a little history from when we got to UT and answer Megs question. (It's kinda long girls.)


GETTING TO UT:

When I got to Utah I tried so hard to find some friends like the ones in AZ but it turned out to be a challenge. I had already called the R.S. Prez before we moved to get on the same page and I faxed over our membership records, the bishop must have reviewed them and noticed all of our previous callings and so he called us right away to extend callings!! I even got my v.t. assignment, which I was way thrilled about!!
I prayed that I could be friends with my v.t. sisters and I even prayed for their needs even though I didn’t know what their needs were yet. Then it was like my prayers were answered, and like H.F. was saying that what my v.t. sister NEEDED was ME!

MEETING MY NEIGHBOR:

When we were unpacking this girl came jogging by and introduced herself as one of our neighbors, and she happen to be one of the sisters I was assigned to v.t. I started to take mental notes and noticed that she was pushing a double BOB stroller but it was empty…hmmm….that was kinda weird I thought but I don’t judge so whatev, and then I mental noted that she was totally preggers and could totally tell, her baby bump was ginorm! I congratulated her and waited for her to ask me about my due date but she didn’t say anything about my preggers bump…Weird thing #2!
I kinda started to feel bad for her because while I was mental noting I happened to notice that her skinny jeans were kinda tight and I mean don’t get me wrong, if you can still wear skinny jeans when you are preggers go for it, but when you can’t you should just save them for afterwards, right? I wanted to say something about it but I had just finished reading “Standing a Little Taller” and remembered what Prez Hinckley said about that kinda stuff so I decided to keep it to myself. …instead the next day I dropped off a bag of some way cute clothes that I didn’t fit into anymore because it was last season and that was before I started doing the marathons. She never did say thanks for that now that I think about it, but that’s okay because that’s not why I did it.

JOINT BABY SHOWER:


Then after just a couple of weeks in the ward, the R.S. Prez and I were BFF’s. Seriously. We had so much in common it was pretty crazy. We started canning, running in the mornings, we kinda even started unofficially our own book club, sewing modest trendy clothes, temple trips, we even got jobs at Anthro together just for fun and for the discount! So she offered to throw me my baby shower! I was totally touched because I totally wasn’t expecting that, but then she told me that there was another sister in the ward that they were having a hard time with and that it would be a good fellowshipping opportunity if we had our baby showers together so I totally agreed. I mean, a joint baby shower kinda makes you feel like you are getting jipped but I don’t really need any of the gifts anyway and just wanted to do it for her…come to find out it was my v.t. sister/neighbor that she was talking about.
I learned so much about her from the R.S. Prez. It wasn’t like we were gossiping, she was just filling me in on the problems that they have had with her. I guess her hubby is still in law/biz/med/dental school and she went to hair school/teach 2nd grade and she was preggers with twinsies…(no wonder her bump was so big). My heart totally went out to her and I realized that my prayers were being answered even more and more and she really did NEED ME!
Our baby shower was really fun; it seemed like my v.t. sister/neighbor/new project had a good time. She brought all this stuff that she made herself, like favors, games, food, etc. It was kinda weird because the R.S. Prez had done a good job I thought, but I guess that’s just how she is. I kinda felt bad for her because she was kinda throwing herself a baby shower, but this IS her first pregnancy so maybe she just doesn’t know how things work. When I prayed for her that night I felt an impression that I needed to go visit her more than just once a month.


Side note: When I found out she was having twins but one boy and one girl, I was secretly sad for her. I thought of how much less her kids were going to have since they weren’t both girls, no matching too-too’s and tiaras, no dating twin brothers, no tricking people by faking to be eachother, no being bff’s with your twin sister, no going shopping together, no double wedding planning. I would hate to have a twin brother, that’s just me though. I am so grateful that I have triplet girls!!!

H.F. STILL NEEDS ME:

Anyways, I have been v.teaching my v.t. sister/neighbor/project/fellow preggers friend every week, well trying to at least. Even after I had the girls I still went the next day because I didn’t want H.F. to think that there was anything that would keep me from fulfilling my calling and I want to set an example for my girls (all 3 of them) from the beginning. I knew she was home because I waited for her to pull up in her modest sized year old SUV, she was blaring David Archuletta, and I think she was drinking Shasta (not sure because she hurried and threw the can in her trash can, so sad that she doesn’t recycle.) But when I rang the doorbell she didn’t answer. I kept being optimistic bc that is what Prez Monson said in his book I was reading, and I haven't stopped trying.

THE LATEST:

Anyways, she had her twinners like 3 weeks ago and she still hasn't come to church. She hasn't even had them blessed yet!!! Weird!! I think she might be worried about her post preggers bod. Sad.

So to answer your questions Megs, that is the sister I v.t./neighbor/new project/fellow new mama/mia maid advisor.

It's a good thing I am so patient and blessed with
humbleness for this kind of trial.

1 comment:

Cec said...

Would your v.t sister/neighbor/mia maid advisor/new project happen to be TAMN? Totally understand if you want to keep it hush hush.