Monday, May 4, 2009

Farewell/Baby Blessing

You guys are not going to believe what happened yesterday!! I seriously have never met anyone like my v.t. sister/neighbor/new project/mia maid advisor! Yesterday she finally brought her twinners to church to be blessed....finally, it's been like over a month!

So first of all, I am pretty sure that the baby blessing circle doesn't have a limit on how many people are supposed to be in it....and I am not judging...but this circle was crazy. I lost count how many people they had...kinda mosh pit style, and irreverent if you ask me!! It was super intense!

Then....it being fast Sunday and all I was totally ready to get up and bear my touching testimony and have the spirit testify to everyone how sincere I am....BUT she had a program all planned and totally ruined my life!!

She bore her testimony.

Her hubby bore his.

Her sisters and sisters in law got up and sang a musical number.

Her mom and his mom spoke about how seriously so blessed her family is now with the twinners.

Then she played a solo on the piano.

Then sacrament meeting was over, after going over!

I am not judging or anything, but seriously who does that??? I mean, yeh for our baby blessing we had all of my family and all of hubby's family, and our high school friends, and our friends from our old ward, and some friends from the new ward, and some of hubby's comps from the mish...but they were all so reverent and wore matching ties with super hot designer suits so it was different. Also, it being Easter and all when we blessed our baby girls we got special permission to take some time for a musical number and some designated testimonies...but we still left time for people who wanted to bear thiers too (like 5 people could have gone if they would have only taken a minute). It's not like we went over or anything!

I am totally not judging...it's just that I have been reading Bednar's new book and he talks about paying attention to detail and paying attention to the people around us in our wards. I just have been putting this into practice and it is making me a better person in so many ways!

3 comments:

Cec said...

Ughh!! I can't believe how patient you are being with this. I need to read whatever book you are reading.

I am almost positive TAMN is your neighbor!

Beth said...

I think you should have gotten up to bear your testimony too eventhough it was running over...that makes people way p'd off!

Nickii said...

I love worthy priesthood holders in designer suits.